Close by the border with Worcestershire (to the west) the village features the church of St Andrew built in 1797 by Thomas Johnson of Warwick.

Christopher Savage, Lord of Elmley Castle, Worcestershire, and an Esquire of the Body of King Henry VIII, had livery of the manor of Aston-sub-Edge on 14 May 1521, which he had inherited from his father.

Dover’s Hill lies about 1 mile (2 km) to the south of Aston Sub-sub-Edge. In the 1630s Endymion Porter, a courtier and diplomat who lived at Aston-sub-Edge, brought members of the court to see the Cotswold Olimpicks which were held on Dover’s Hill.

See who we’ve helped

From organisations, schools and individuals, young and old.